Join Our Team!
At Homebase Credit Union, we believe that our employees are our key to our success. We are strongly committed to hiring exceptional employees and providing them with an exceptional work environment and career opportunities.
We strive to ensure that challenge, opportunity and reward contribute to an overall satisfying work experience for each employee.
We emphasize a cooperative and friendly team approach, with respect to the individual. We believe that outstanding service starts with treating each other as members.
We invest time and resources in the development of our employees because we strongly believe their progress is closely tied to the future success of our credit union.
Homebase Credit Union offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
Mortgage Loan Originator
Member Advantage Mortgage seeks a Mortgage Loan Originator to handle all mortgages for Homebase Credit Union.
The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for originating first mortgage loans by establishing successful relationships with 3rd parties such as Realtors, Builders, Financial Professionals, and the general public within a designated territory surrounding the credit union offices. The MLO will respond to old call, follow-up leads, and will respond to all client inquiries while delivering the desired mortgage experience. This is a commissioned position with unlimited earning potential.
- Be available for referrals. The MLO will be available by phone or in person to help members (or potential members) in the branch office when the credit union has uncovered a need for mortgage expertise.
- Attract new mortgage loan applications by developing referral relationships within the community, specifically with the real estate community; making sales calls to prospective mortgage referral partners.
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial information, answering questions, and educating applicants on beneficial products.
- Analyze member’s financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility and the proper loan program.
- Document all sales activities in company provided tracking system and keep credit union informed of lead status at all times.
- Participate in Branch meetings, branch sales events, and maintain a positive work environment within the branch.
Education and Experience
- Must be NMLS Licensed (completion of federal and state licensing requirements)
- 3-5 years of successful experience originating, processing or underwriting residential 1-4 family mortgages to the findings of Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter, or other proprietary automated underwriting system.
- 3-5 years outside sales experience required, preferably in mortgage sales and including proven ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful situations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of mortgage documents such as deed of trust, appraisals, and Closing Disclosures
- Ability to successfully organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities
- Ability to handle a heavy workload
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K with match
For questions or more information, please email [email protected].
NOTE: Electronic mail is not secure, and confidential information (such as social security number, account number, etc.) should not be communicated in this manner.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Homebase Credit Union provides equal opportunity in all employment practices to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race and color (including hair and traits associated with race), religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify the Human Resources Department.